The red carpet was rolled out yesterday for the opening of the Cannes Film Festival, and now that the festivities have started, we thought we would have a more in-depth look at who’s lined up in port next to the Palais des Festivals for Cannes 2015.
Charles, Cordy and Tom from the Boatbookings.com team in the South of France were lucky enough to enjoy a day out on INDULGENCE OF POOLE yesterday, a beautifully maintained Mangusta 86 motor yacht based in the heart of the Old Port of Cannes. Following our day out, we cannot recommend her highly enough for day, weekend and week-long charters on the French Riviera and in surrounding areas.
The team were warmly welcomed by an enthusiastic captain Yanko and his partner and chief stewardess, fresh canapés and some lovely wines were enjoyed following a viewing of the two large master and VIP cabins with double beds and two further twin cabins, comfortably accommodating two. INDULGENCE is also perfect for meetings with her large saloon and separate dining area seating 12 for a more formal venue. On the aft deck, they said goodbye to Cannes on a beautiful Monday morning and sped along the coast to the beautiful bay of Theoule where we anchored for the day. A delicious lunch onboard was enjoyed by all – the refreshing classic of Parma ham and melon, followed beautifully roasted chicken with garlic purée and chocolate cheesecake with crème anglaise to finish!
After soaking up the sun, taking a swim and enjoying the extensive water sports inventory we headed back to Cannes where Yanko showed us that INDULGENCE can match the newer Mangusta cruising at an impressive 29 knots! A thrill for everyone, whilst enjoying the comfort of a much larger yacht.
The Monaco Grand Prix and Cannes Film Festival may be over for another year, but the summer has only just begun! The sun is shining on the French Riviera and the sea is (slowly) warming up. Many bareboat fleets are quickly being booked up and some crewed yachts are boasting fully booked calendars, however the Boatbookings.com team are keeping a close eye on what’s still available and all pride themselves on matching the yacht to the client’s needs even when the charter is booked last minute.
Some top yachts on the Riviera this summer:
Recently visited by Cordy, our top South of France expert. Cordy was full of praise for the Sun-deck and excellent crew!
One of our favourite Sunseekers on the Riviera, sporty and elegant with a fantastic Captain and great water toys. REHAB is perfect for day or week long charter.
A very good value option for either day, weekend or even week long charters. Her spacious flybridge even features a jacuzzi which is a great feature on a yacht of her size. Get in touch for information about all-inclusive deals!
A fantastic crewed catamaran, usually based in Cannes she is perfect for exploring the French Riviera, or perhaps Corsica and Sardinia.
Get in touch with us today and we’ll help you plan the perfect charter!
In the South of France VAT of 20% usually applies to all crewed charters, so Boatbookings.com are delighted to be able to offer exclusive VAT included and all- inclusive rates on one of our favourite South of France crewed motor yachts this summer!
INDULGENCE OF POOLE is a Mangusta 86 that has been constantly updated and maintained to ensure that she is in pristine condition and with a fantastic, positive crew. For a yacht of her size, INDULGENCE has unrivalled levels of space. Her large flybridge features plenty of comfortable seating, as well as a jacuzzi!
A large and elegant dining table can be found on the aft deck providing the perfect spot for Al-fresco dining and relaxing breakfasts in the sun!
The package rates are outlined below:
PACKAGE RATES (inc VAT):
Day Charter for up to 8 guests €7,250 (inc VAT)
To include: Meals, a selection of wines, beers and soft drinks along with fuel and berth costs for a trip out to Iles de Lerins for the day.
Two Day Charter for up to 8 guests €14,500 (inc VAT)
To include: Meals, a selection of wines, beers and soft drinks along with fuel and berth costs for two days out as prescribed by the Captain.
Three Day Charter in and around Cannes for up to 8 guests €21,750 (inc VAT)
To include: Meals, a selection of wines, beers and soft drinks along with fuel and berth costs for a prescribed itinerary as agreed by the Captain.
Dreaming of your charters next summer already? We can’t wait to get started planning your vacations for you. The following 10 boats are a selection that we are most excited about, take a look and contact us for more information.
1. IMPULSE is a Sunseeker 90 beautifully maintained by her welcoming and knowledgable British captain. She has spent this summer cruising the French Riviera, Corsica and Italy. Her seafaring qualities and spacious areas mean she’s perfect for longer cruises.
2. INDULGENCE OF POOLE is our favourite great value boat, from €30,000 per week plus VAT and expenses she has an array of toys and even a jacuzzi on the flybridge! Her crew have received exemplary reviews from charterers this summer and look forward to welcoming you next year!
3. MOSAFA is a sexy and sporty Azimut 86S. She’s based in Antibes and her Italian styling is perfect for charterers wanting see the quaint towns of Portofino and the Italian Riviera. She’s fast, well-equipped and perfect for the thrill-seeker.
4. GRAND BLEU VINTAGE, fully re-fitted in 2013, is a beautifully elegant sailing yacht with a well-established and can-do crew. Her beautiful decks are perfect for catching the rays and her neat swim platform is a great addition to a sailing boat of this type.
5. SIROCCO is a super luxurious 47m model from esteemed Dutch builders Heessen. Her spaces both inside and out ooze luxury and opulence. She’s absolutely perfect for a large family looking to charter to Corsica in ultimate comfort.
6. VANQUISH, a personal favourite of the Boatbookings Team at the Cannes Boat Show. She has every toy you can possibly imagine combined with a captain who loves to let you experience them to their highest potential. She truly offers something for every taste, from spacious entertaining areas to a private flybridge for more romantic charters.
7. Ever-popular in the south of France, ABILITY is our favourite boat for hanging out in the coolest spots of St Tropez, where she always gets a berth in the hottest spot of the port. Her sexy monochrome interior is perfect for the image-conscious.
8. Want the thrills Mangusta but want to stand out from the crowd? SCRATCH is a stunning stand-out model with a super cool flawless grey paint job. She’s dark and mysterious and perfect for checking out the best spots from St Tropez to Monte Carlo.
9. Continuing the theme of sexy and stand-out, if you’ve been in the south of France you’ll no doubt have noticed AQUA BLUE IRELAND sitting majestically in the corner of the old port of Cannes. She was popular with charterers this year who loved Jérome’s can-do attitude!
10. Why not save the best until last? Seeing is believing when it comes to KOJI, her super-modern interior and three 2400HP engines mean she’s a thrill-seeker’s paradise. She’s covered the West Mediterranean this summer and will do it again next year, this is one to book early to avoid disappointment. The crew love her and you will too!
These are our favourites for charter next year in the south of France but we’re working all over the world this winter to check out www.boatbookings.com for charters in the British Virgin Islands, Phuket and Sardinia!