Our latest Super Yacht of the Week combines a very experienced captain, a highly regarded mixologist and a yoga instructor, not to forget one of the most sought after designs and high performance luxury yachts on the water. Indulge in Ibiza this summer onboard ASCARI, the pristine Palmer Johnson 120 and explore all that the white island has to offer!
Luxury trends are being churned out left right and centre over Christmas! Hot off the press is the collaboration of Bugatti and Palmer Johnson, Nikki Beach hits the slopes, and Champagne is now available for vegans thanks to Duval Leroy! So after your snow fun in Courchevel head to St Tropez on a yacht charter for more memorable times with Nikki Beach, or try out the Niniettes along the Amalfi! Continue reading
As you may have gathered we love Palmer Johnson yachts here at Boatbookings.com, and the yacht that stood out for us at the Monaco Yacht Show last year was the 41.5m luxury motor yacht GRIFFIN. An all-new layout combined with extra length and beam means guest accommodation for 10 in 5 cabins along with an added jacuzzi on the flybridge. GRIFFIN boasts a sporty and muscular presence with angles and curves in all the right places, add to this the extensive outside living space and you have the perfect recipe for speed, power and comfort. GRIFFIN is a yacht for those who don’t like to compromise on thrills, but still search for rest and relaxation on the way.
Happy New Year’s Eve from the Boatbookings Team! It has been a spectacular year full of stunning reviews from unforgettable charters all around the world. If you didn’t get the chance to get away as much as you would have liked, get together with your family over the holidays and start planning for next year! With an experienced Brokerage Team all around the world, we look forward to helping no matter where you want to go. If you need something to tickle your tastebuds, you will be inspired below!
James Bond fever has hit the Boatbookings office this week with the exciting announcement of Spectre and the even more exciting Aston Martin DB10 set to accompany Daniel Craig in the latest addition to the thrilling movies. On this theme our super yacht of the week is a yacht not only fit to run alongside the DB10 but also perfect for housing the most menacing of Bond villains. DB9, the stunning luxury motor yacht and the original Palmer Johnson 170 is our super yacht of the week.
In just a little over 3 weeks Ben and Allison from the Boatbookings team will be heading to the Antigua Charter Yacht Show, from December 5-11, which showcases the world’s finest charter yachts. With 98 yachts already registered this will be a very rewarding and exciting and important show for us. We look forward to reporting back to everyone after viewing all of these magnificent yachts and meeting the crews.
When you’re a 14 times Grand Slam singles champion and Olympic gold medallist, it’s worth treating yourself at least once in a while. That’s what Rafael Nadal was doing last weekend in Cannes, visiting the Vieux Port in Cannes with a view to buying one of the super yachts in the French Riviera.
At Boatbookings.com we love Palmer Johnson Yachts so we’re excited to see the first shots of the brand new SuperSport model being released from the yard. This 48m SuperYacht doesn’t disappoint, her exterior lines and hull design are breathtaking giving her the appearance more of a something from a Science Fiction movie rather than a yacht!
The 48m SuperSport is the largest carbon composite SuperYacht ever built, her stunning gold hull and black Superstructure are a truly awesome combination.
The revolutionary hull design gives this yacht a 32 knot top speed ? yet 50% more fuel efficient than any other yacht comparable yacht on the market!
Dreaming of your charters next summer already? We can’t wait to get started planning your vacations for you. The following 10 boats are a selection that we are most excited about, take a look and contact us for more information.
1. IMPULSE is a Sunseeker 90 beautifully maintained by her welcoming and knowledgable British captain. She has spent this summer cruising the French Riviera, Corsica and Italy. Her seafaring qualities and spacious areas mean she’s perfect for longer cruises.
2. INDULGENCE OF POOLE is our favourite great value boat, from €30,000 per week plus VAT and expenses she has an array of toys and even a jacuzzi on the flybridge! Her crew have received exemplary reviews from charterers this summer and look forward to welcoming you next year!
3. MOSAFA is a sexy and sporty Azimut 86S. She’s based in Antibes and her Italian styling is perfect for charterers wanting see the quaint towns of Portofino and the Italian Riviera. She’s fast, well-equipped and perfect for the thrill-seeker.
4. GRAND BLEU VINTAGE, fully re-fitted in 2013, is a beautifully elegant sailing yacht with a well-established and can-do crew. Her beautiful decks are perfect for catching the rays and her neat swim platform is a great addition to a sailing boat of this type.
5. SIROCCO is a super luxurious 47m model from esteemed Dutch builders Heessen. Her spaces both inside and out ooze luxury and opulence. She’s absolutely perfect for a large family looking to charter to Corsica in ultimate comfort.
6. VANQUISH, a personal favourite of the Boatbookings Team at the Cannes Boat Show. She has every toy you can possibly imagine combined with a captain who loves to let you experience them to their highest potential. She truly offers something for every taste, from spacious entertaining areas to a private flybridge for more romantic charters.
7. Ever-popular in the south of France, ABILITY is our favourite boat for hanging out in the coolest spots of St Tropez, where she always gets a berth in the hottest spot of the port. Her sexy monochrome interior is perfect for the image-conscious.
8. Want the thrills Mangusta but want to stand out from the crowd? SCRATCH is a stunning stand-out model with a super cool flawless grey paint job. She’s dark and mysterious and perfect for checking out the best spots from St Tropez to Monte Carlo.
9. Continuing the theme of sexy and stand-out, if you’ve been in the south of France you’ll no doubt have noticed AQUA BLUE IRELAND sitting majestically in the corner of the old port of Cannes. She was popular with charterers this year who loved Jérome’s can-do attitude!
10. Why not save the best until last? Seeing is believing when it comes to KOJI, her super-modern interior and three 2400HP engines mean she’s a thrill-seeker’s paradise. She’s covered the West Mediterranean this summer and will do it again next year, this is one to book early to avoid disappointment. The crew love her and you will too!
These are our favourites for charter next year in the south of France but we’re working all over the world this winter to check out www.boatbookings.com for charters in the British Virgin Islands, Phuket and Sardinia!
Friday at the Cannes Boat Show was another exciting day meeting with our great industry partners and checking out great boats currently on the charter market! The day began being whisked out by tender to visit two sublime luxury motor yachts based on the French and Italian Rivieras, safe to say we were not disappointed. First on the list was VANQUISH, a stunning and extensively refitted Palmer Johnson 120. On approach to this absolutely stunning yacht we noticed how she stood out from all others in the bay of Cannes with her flawless cream hull and distinctive Palmer Johnson lines. On embarkation everything only improved, we were welcomed warmly by the captain who is both enthusiastic about the boat and making sure everyone on it has a great charter experience! The international crew on this boat speak over 6 languages between them, meaning they can accommodate guests of all nationalities. VANQUISH continued to impress with three light, spacious, modern and luxurious double cabins and fully convertible en-suite pullman cabin. As well as this, she has a massive range of water toys including a large twin engined tender, sea doos, water skis, diving equipment, wakeboard, fishing gear, inflatable pool and a whole range of towable toys too! We left this gorgeous boat wondering what was missing… and realised it really does have everything!
Next was the completely different but equally mesmerising ABILITY, an eye-catching monochrome Mangusta 130. We were again warmly welcomed by a fantastic crew and a wonderful range of refreshing drinks before being shown the stunning, luxurious interior of this performance cruiser. The saloon was sexy and exciting with its range of black and white furnishings, heading downstairs the boat becomes warm and woody with a full-beam master cabin and 3 spacious guest cabins. Outside we were shown the huge foredeck, full of flexible outside areas to soak up the sun and enjoy this fantastic boat. The excitement isn’t just on the eyes, this sporty motor yacht has a cruising speed of 28 knots! We’ve only had fantastic responses from charterers onboard ABILITY, her reputation on the French Riviera means berths in the hottest parts of the coast are not a problem. Perfect for the image-conscious getaway!