This week’s super yacht of the week blog takes us to the Netherlands and the acclaimed Dutch shipyard, Heesen. One of the finest examples of their quality and luxurious finish is INCEPTION. Currently cruising the gorgeous waters of the Caribbean, including Saint Martin and Antigua, we think she’s the perfect yacht for active young families looking for an energetic and fun holiday but with the chance to relax and unwind. Inception is a blockbuster about dreams and INCEPTION offers the dream vacation.
The Monaco Yacht Show – the world’s greatest homage to the world’s largest, wackiest and most incredible super yachts. 2013 saw another growth in the show with what critics called “the best selection yet” with a revival of the sailing yacht, and several new eco-friendly models such as the Arcadia 35 taking prime positions. We’ve just heard that 2014 is set to be even larger, with 14 new positions available to cater for an increase in demand.
The new locations will make full use of the new Monaco Yacht Club due for completion this year. 118 spaces are now available for up to 120 metre yachts, with an average length per berth of well over 50 metres. The organisers are also allowing for an increase in exhibitors, adding 400 square metres for stands.
Sources say the extension shows a “great sign for economic recovery and major development in emerging markets.” We can’t agree more, and we certainly can’t wait to see the new arrivals for 2014! Keep up to date with the latest industry news and boat show updates by following us on Twitter.
Dutch yacht builders Heesen are renowned within the industry as one of the top Super Yacht builders, their principle motto is ‘The Performance of Luxury’, this has certainly been upheld within the plans for the new 70m Fast Displacement Super Yacht. This state of the art Super Yacht will be the largest to date in Heesen’s already highly prestigious fleet.
The majestic new Heesen 70m
The Owner has decided to appoint Espen Oeino International to design the exterior lines and Sinot Design for the yacht’s interiors.
Espen Oeino: “Espen Oeino International is delighted to collaborate with Heesen Yachts and Sinot Design on what will be Heesen’s largest yacht to date and our first joint project. EOI has put particular emphasis on respecting Heesen’s distinct external appearance whilst incorporating the client’s specific wishes into the design.”
Sanders Sinot: “Sinot Exclusive Yacht Design is privileged to be working with Heesen Yachts…we are looking forward to a wonderful collaboration. Sinot is working on the interior design with a collection of materials that are luxurious and refined, but at the same time will provide a relaxing environment”.
The stunning 65m Heesen, hardly the ‘little sister’ of the new 70m
This most impressive 70m yacht will accommodate 12 guests in 6 opulent staterooms. Most notable will be the huge 85m squared Owner’s suit to be located on the main deck complete with dressing room, spacious bathroom and study. Four further guest cabins will be located below deck, with the VIP cabin on the bridge deck boasting stunning views.
This incredible yacht will also feature a large aft deck infinity pool, beach club, elevator, touch and go helipad and gull winged doors for the tender garages – truly a yacht of the future! Staying true to the Heesen model, this yacht will defy the norm when it comes to Super Yacht performance; three main engines that will drive two wing propellers and a central booster water-jet that are expected to give a trial speed of over 30 knots – incredible for a yacht of this size!
Dreaming of your charters next summer already? We can’t wait to get started planning your vacations for you. The following 10 boats are a selection that we are most excited about, take a look and contact us for more information.
1. IMPULSE is a Sunseeker 90 beautifully maintained by her welcoming and knowledgable British captain. She has spent this summer cruising the French Riviera, Corsica and Italy. Her seafaring qualities and spacious areas mean she’s perfect for longer cruises.
2. INDULGENCE OF POOLE is our favourite great value boat, from €30,000 per week plus VAT and expenses she has an array of toys and even a jacuzzi on the flybridge! Her crew have received exemplary reviews from charterers this summer and look forward to welcoming you next year!
3. MOSAFA is a sexy and sporty Azimut 86S. She’s based in Antibes and her Italian styling is perfect for charterers wanting see the quaint towns of Portofino and the Italian Riviera. She’s fast, well-equipped and perfect for the thrill-seeker.
4. GRAND BLEU VINTAGE, fully re-fitted in 2013, is a beautifully elegant sailing yacht with a well-established and can-do crew. Her beautiful decks are perfect for catching the rays and her neat swim platform is a great addition to a sailing boat of this type.
5. SIROCCO is a super luxurious 47m model from esteemed Dutch builders Heessen. Her spaces both inside and out ooze luxury and opulence. She’s absolutely perfect for a large family looking to charter to Corsica in ultimate comfort.
6. VANQUISH, a personal favourite of the Boatbookings Team at the Cannes Boat Show. She has every toy you can possibly imagine combined with a captain who loves to let you experience them to their highest potential. She truly offers something for every taste, from spacious entertaining areas to a private flybridge for more romantic charters.
7. Ever-popular in the south of France, ABILITY is our favourite boat for hanging out in the coolest spots of St Tropez, where she always gets a berth in the hottest spot of the port. Her sexy monochrome interior is perfect for the image-conscious.
8. Want the thrills Mangusta but want to stand out from the crowd? SCRATCH is a stunning stand-out model with a super cool flawless grey paint job. She’s dark and mysterious and perfect for checking out the best spots from St Tropez to Monte Carlo.
9. Continuing the theme of sexy and stand-out, if you’ve been in the south of France you’ll no doubt have noticed AQUA BLUE IRELAND sitting majestically in the corner of the old port of Cannes. She was popular with charterers this year who loved Jérome’s can-do attitude!
10. Why not save the best until last? Seeing is believing when it comes to KOJI, her super-modern interior and three 2400HP engines mean she’s a thrill-seeker’s paradise. She’s covered the West Mediterranean this summer and will do it again next year, this is one to book early to avoid disappointment. The crew love her and you will too!
These are our favourites for charter next year in the south of France but we’re working all over the world this winter to check out www.boatbookings.com for charters in the British Virgin Islands, Phuket and Sardinia!