Crewed Yacht Charter Checklist
A Guide of What to Bring on Your Yacht Charter Holiday
You've booked your luxury charter, so now all there is to do is pack. We've created a list for you so you won't forget any of the important stuff, so once you're aboard all you have to worry about is which swimmers to wear and what drink to have with your delectable meal served by your crew!
Things to Pack:
- Charter Agreement/Boat Papers
- Passport and any Visas required (plus a photocopy of your passport kept separately)
- Wallets/Purses (but remove unnecessary cards, etc first)
- Polarized Sunglasses (more than one pair if possible!)
- Sun Cream with a good SPF, plus Suncreams for your Face and Lips which need extra protection!
- Glasses (if you need them)
- Sunhats and caps
- Medication if needed (if you get seasick, you may want to discuss remedies with your pharmacist)
- Camera (in a waterproof bag), or a waterproof camera
- Guidebooks, particularly for the region you are travelling in
- Books to read
- Cash or Travelers Checks sufficient to pay for deposits, provisioning, tips, etc. in local currency
- Holiday clothes - bathing suits, dinner clothes, shorts, t-shirts, sarongs, flip-flops, deck shoes
- Toiletries including insect repellent and after-sun
Tech Items to Consider Bringing
- iPhone and/or iPad and or Kindle. These products are durable and work great on a yacht and have hundreds of uses. See our article on Technology for Chartering. You can even plot your course on a blog from your iPhone!
- Make sure you have a great playlist of sailing/yachting music on a Bluetooth enabled device i.e. iPhone
- Download relevant apps - we have a page dedicated to the best iPhone and iPad apps for yachting and sailing
- A GoPro
- A Drone
- An adapter for chargers and other electronic devices
Don’t Forget to:
- Provide contact details and itinerary to at least one neighbour and family member
- Read up on the area you'll be visiting, looking for interesting itineraries and things to do. Google and Lonely Planet are great for this!
Things NOT to pack:
- Non-essential valuables
- Watches that are not waterproof
- Anything that if lost would cause you great inconvenience or distress
- Less is more – remember that boats do not have large storage areas
When Leaving the Yacht:
- Please leave the yacht in a tidy manner
- Take all your personal belongings with you
- If you have any comments about the boat, or if anything needs fixing, photograph them and report them to the Base Operator. Do not wait until you return home!
- Don't forget to tip your Captain and Crew
- Post your best pictures on our Facebook page, and hashtag #boatbookings on your Instagram posts so our followers can see them - everyone likes "real" shots!
- Add a comment to our site in the comments section of your yacht, so others learn from your experience
- Send comments and suggestions to your Boatbookings Broker - we love to hear your feedback!
- Report any problems that you encountered to your Boatbookings Broker
More Yacht Charter Information
We have the world's largest library of articles about Yacht Charter. Here are some additional articles you may be interested in:
Charter Basics Types of Charter Boats
Top Yacht Charter Destinations Do's and Don't's while onboard