June 14th was a special day during my internship at Boatbookings. After spending a couple of hours in our office in Cannes, I headed toAntibesto meet Broker Ben, who had spent the morning meeting some of his clients for their embarkation. We headed to Port Vauban for a brokers’ day out on REHAB – one of our all-time favourite day charter yachts along the French Riviera. Broker days are organised by the owners of the yachts such that the Brokers can get to know the boat and its crew better.
We were greeted on board REHAB by the fantastic crew made up of Captain Chris and Stewardess Justine. Once the other brokers arrived and had settled in, we headed west, past the stunning Cap D’Antibes, towards Cannes and the beautiful Iles de Lérins. The islands are an incredibly popular destination thanks to the crystal-clear water, making them the perfect place to drop anchor, relax and swim. As it was still early in the season, we were able to experience the beauty of the islands without many other people there.
Once we had found the perfect spot to anchor, our lovely hosts had prepared a quiz for us. As brokers are of the competitive kind, it’s not like us to ever back down from a challenge, so we quickly got into our teams, boys vs. girls of course, and the game of 20 questions commenced. After a mix of technical questions about REHAB and other yachts, as well as general knowledge questions about the industry, the girls came out on top!
In the afternoon, everyone enjoyed relaxing on board this stunning Sunseeker yacht, whilst indulging in French crudité platters overflowing with local cheeses, baguettes and olives beautifully prepared by Justine. It was incredibly interesting meeting other people from the Industry and getting to know the faces behind the names. As the day came to an end, we cruised back towards Port Vauban past the stunning villas on the Cap d’Antibes.
This day was a fantastic way to get a taste of what Boatbookings’ clients experience, whilst also getting to know REHAB and it’s lovely crew as well as the other Brokers. I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to talk to so many fascinating people – is there a better place to mingle than aboard a beautiful yacht?
Ben and Charles from the Boatbookings.com team have just returned from Ibiza after an unforgettable trip checking out the hottest boats and hottest places to be for this summer. They were bowled over not only by how much it lives up its reputation, but also by the unique offering Ibiza has in comparison with other charter destinations around the world. They’ve put together their top 3 reasons to head to the world capital of hedonism!
1. Incredible nightlife. The reason Ibiza has been and still is the top destination for party-goers worldwide. Famed nightclubs include Space, Amnesia, Privilege, Pacha, Sankeys and Es Paradis. Each club has a world-famous mega DJ as a resident on a nightly basis giving you massive goody bag of global superstars to choose from every evening! Whether you’re in the beautiful San Antonio bay or striking Ibiza town there’s a mix of charming old Spanish bars, chilled beach clubs and booming nightlife on every corner.
2. It will surprise you! Whilst Ibiza is famous for its booming towns and attracting the young, rich and famous to let their hair down, a vast area of the island is in fact protected National Parkland. This means in between enjoying the most hedonistic holiday of your lifetime you can really enjoy that ‘getting away from it all’ feeling. Ibiza boats many beautiful, secluded and almost deserted bays in which you can anchor and relax on an empty beach or if you’re lucky find a rare beach club and enjoy lunch with your feet in the water.
As well as this, just a short cruise along the coast you’ll find Formentera, also known as the “Pine Islands.” Beautiful white sandy beaches with turquoise, shallow and crystal clear waters await you in this quiet and tranquil paradise. Isolated anchorages provide the perfect place to enjoy the stunning backdrop of the golden sandy islands.
3. The coolest boats! With the stylish lifestyle comes the most stylish yachts. The VIP section of Marina Ibiza is a feast for the eyes, with the high specifications everywhere you look. Two of our favourites are SHALIMAR and ALVIUM! Perfect for day ,weekend or week-long charters they’re in prime positions near to the famous Lio’s restaurant and club and just a stone’s throw from Pacha. They’re gorgeously styled, super-quick and fit perfectly with the Ibiza lifestyle.
Parties, beaches, turquoise seas and golden beaches – the Balearic Islands have them all! The infamous nightlife in Mallorca andIbiza attracts millions of tourists every summer, with the world’s biggest DJs flying in to satisfy the huge crowds flocking to this hedonist paradise. Menorca offers a sharp contrast with quaint coastal towns, historical sites and a wonderfully relaxing café culture.
Whichever island takes your fancy, the best way to see them is undoubtedly by boat! Sunseekers are designed with style and performance in mind, meaning you’ll fit right in among the VIP section of the Balearics’ hottest ports. Here’s our top 3 for Summer 2014…
1. ALVIUM is the perfect boat for the charterer who wants to combine speed and space. She has all the amenities of a much larger yacht and an extensive array of toys combined with an impressive cruising speed of 27 knots, meaning you have the Balearics at your disposal in a single cruise. Her sport flybridge means you can feel the speed first hand with a great vantage point for checking out the hotspots. Available from €41,000 per week plus VAT and expenses she’s sure to be a popular choice next year!
2. Sunseeker Predator 82 GEORGIA is a sexy monochrome design boat with a super modern interior that matches her eye-catching exterior. Her array of outside space and jet ski mean she’s a popular day charter boat starting from €6,500. Once again, her cruising speed of 32 knots means you can see the Balearics and the Costa Brava at your leisure. Her speed combined with her beautiful styling allow you to look the part in Ibiza Port as you prepare to party at Pacha!
3. JAX OF IBIZA is the ultimate party boat. She’s clean, fresh and white on the outside contrasted by a mysterious dark American Walnut interior. This summer JAX has proved the most popular for the lively charterer wanting to experience Ibiza’s nightlife, see the breathtaking National Parks and enjoy lunches at Formentera’s golden beaches.
If you’re feeling the back to work blues after a beautiful summer holiday, why not escape and enjoy the late summer sun on the stunning Sardinian coasts?
Enjoy the golden beaches and culture offered by Olbia, mingle with rich and famous in Porto Cervo, explore the unspoilt National Park of the Maddalena archipelago, see the beauty sculpted natural harbour of Santa Teresa di Gallura and even head to the beautiful south coast of Corsica where you will find mesmerising park areas and crystal clear waters to enjoy.
There’s no better way to see all the sights than by boat. And there’s no boat more stylish than the curvaceous Sunseeker Predator 84, SKYFALL! She combines the space of 4 indulgent and modern cabins with a cruising speed of 28 knots, offering you a truly exhilarating charter experience. Her vast array of toys mean that whenever you stop, you can make the most of everything this all-encompassing boat has to offer. Her welcoming and willing crew will ensure that all your expectations are exceeded.
We began in Antibes with a delicious continental breakfast prepared for our arrival by wonderful hostess, Kirsten. We headed west towards Cannes and the famous Îles de Lérins, a popular destination for motor and sailboats alike. With crystal blue waters and panoramic views of the coast they are the perfect spot to stop for a refreshing swim, in our case a race and lots of splashing!
After that it was time to experience the joys of water toys! We headed east, past Antibes to the stunning and historic village of Èze where we stopped, unloaded everything REHAB has to offer such as the speedy hydrojet tender, water skis, wakeboard and donuts. Competitive spirit soon emerged in order to discover who’d be the best water skier and who would stay in the donut the longest, Micheal epitomises the phrase ‘can-do captain’ and ensured everyone had the best time and got to experience the thrills that water toys have to offer!
Lunch was at Paloma Beach Club, which we cannot recommend highly enough! The views of Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat are incredible with the dramatic imposing sheer cliff faces and array of super yachts keep you entertained whilst you await the delicious food. We dined on light and refreshing fresh fish dishes that left everyone more than satisfied, the service was impeccable and they have a fantastic range of French wines for every palate.
Heading back along choppy waters we all enjoyed a drink and the wind in our hair as we flew along the coast towards Villefranche, another yachting hotspot where the coast is dotted with the beautiful homes of the rich and famous. We returned to Antibes a group of well and truly satisfied customers.
After experiencing a day on REHAB it’s very clear why she’s one of the most popular yachts on the French Riviera this summer. We cannot praise the crew enough, they are friendly, attentive and guarantee that you’ll have the best time. The boat is comfortable and spacious even with 12 people on board and her performance provides a truly exhilarating experience. With dates still available this September, she’s a brilliant value opportunity not to be missed. Enquire now!