Spring is just around the corner, which can only mean one thing – the 2017 Monaco Grand Prix! When motor racing fuses with the most exclusive principality in the world and some of the best bars, restaurants and clubs, you have the ultimate event to enjoy corporate entertaining, as well as charters with friends and family. Combine networking events with lavish lunches, wall-to-wall racing and exclusive nights at TWIGA or Jimmy’z. If you want to be at the heart of the action in Monte-Carlo this year, TOBY is the yacht for you.
Tried and tested by the Boatbookings team, consider this your insider guide to the most happening hotspots to visit on theCôte d’Azur right now! Having covered the top party places in part 1 and where to rejuvenate your mind, body and soul in part 2, find out what the racket is all about in Monaco in part 3 of our guide…
Tried and tested by the Boatbookings team, consider this your insider guide to the most happening hotspots to visit on the Côte d’Azur right now! Find out what the racket is all about at Djokovic’s gluten-free restaurant in Monaco, uncover hidden candle-lit Moroccan restaurants in the heart of St Tropez, anddance in the sand at Cannes’ trendiest beach club…
The Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters is in full swing this weekend. Hosted by the Monte-Carlo Country Club, the ATP Masters tournament welcomes the stars of the tennis world to the French Riviera for the first of a series of fantastic spring events. If you’re looking to mingle with the stars during the Rolex Masters and upcoming Monaco Grand Prix, here are our suggestions!
Chartering a yacht for the Monaco Grand Prix should be on everyone’s bucket list! Where else can you experience the largest super yachts whilst the fastest cars race around the most prestigious principality in the world? Make all your dreams come true with a 2016 Monaco Grand Prix Yacht!
We’re going wild over Monaco this weekend, and with Hamilton taking poll position at yesterday’s Grand Prix qualifier we’re waiting with baited breath to see whether he can hold onto the win. Lewis Hamilton, who hasn’t won in Monaco for seven years, has kept his cool during interview because he knows as well as anyone that the narrow track with its lethal twists and turns is unforgiving even for the greatest drivers. With 78 laps to go until we see today’s winner, all eyes are on iconic Monte Carlo.
Monte Carlo is one of the most recognisable cities in the world, perfect for your 2015 summer holiday. If you are looking for a gastronomic extravaganza, some of the most prestigious hotels in the world or a spot of haute couture retail therapy, Monaco has it all to offer. Japanese cuisine is currently taking the principality by storm with FUJI at The Metropole and Nobu at The Fairmont being two of the most sought after venues.
Racing is as much a part of Monacoas tennis is a part of Wimbledon. Earlier this year, thousands of spectators watched as Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton furthered Mercedes domination at the Monaco Grand Prix in a season which has seen a huge step forward in the engineering in the cars and a move to hybrid engines. The racing in Monaco is far from over however and the boating world is certainly not being left behind in terms of innovation as the Solar1 cup came to Monte Carlo.
29 teams from 11 different countries arrived with their entirely solar powered boats for a weekend of racing. The President of Solar1, Sergei Dobroserdov, sees Solar1, “As a great opportunity to animate and excite a new generation.” The likes of Mangusta are as popular as ever in the yachting industry but, just as the Toyota Prius has come to rival V8 powered sports cars, so we might anticipate a new range of luxury yachts in the near future.
For those of you who are worried that a new era of fuel efficient yachts will come at the expense of design, luxury and comfort, look no further than M OCEAN. She showcases fine Italian design with every conceivable comfort whilst 8 solar panels power all of the electrics on board and the hybrid engine allows her to travel up to 8 knots in total silence.
On board, the stunning aft deck is vast and merges seamlessly with an elegant and airy, open-plan salon. Those looking to work on their tan can happily spent hours on large sun pads on the flydeck or soaking in the jacuzzi on the forward main deck.
Below deck the saloons are magnificently lit by large windows offering panoramic views but pull the blinds down and enjoy an intimate cosy atmosphere in which to enjoy a film in the evening.
M OCEAN is available to charter in the South of France. If you are interested in chartering her or any of our extensive range of yachts, please don’t hesitate to contact the Boatbookings team.
The summer sees millions of eager tourists descending on the French Riviera, all keen to experience the sun, cuisine, golden beaches, the warm waters of the Mediterranean and of course the nightlife! From St Tropez all the way to Monte Carlo there are buzzing coastal towns, each one just a stone’s throw from another. Here are our top 5 favourite spots to party!
1. Gotha in Cannes is one of the most prestigious nightclubs along the Riviera, having hosted a myriad of celebrities such as David Guetta, Justin Bieber and Paris Hilton. Open until 5am, Gotha is the place to be to dance the night away on the dance floor, or treat yourself to a VIP table with drinks flowing all night!
2. Buddha Bar in Monaco is the place to be, boasting exotic charm and Asian-influenced drinks and aperitifs. With high ceilings, intricate decor and not to mention the giant Buddha overlooking the lounge bar, this is sure to be one of the most unique spots in Monaco!
3. The most intimate club of our selection, Kiss Club in Juan Les Pins is a hotspot for tourists and locals alike during the summer months. Trendy and fresh with a youthful team behind the bar, Kiss Club has a magical atmosphere of hedonism and energy.
4. Cannes’ most exclusive premier nightclub, Baôli brings a taste of Miami to the French Riviera. Open air tables, comfortable sofas and a surrounding of palm trees create a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy the mild summer’s evenings. Inside, you’ll find some of the world’s most famous DJs such as Avicii playing the hugest summer anthems! Baôli is in the hottest spot of Port Canto meaning you can disembark and receive VIP treatment as you head straight into the club.
5. Les Caves du Roy sit beneath famous Hotel Byblos, they contain what can only be described as a hub of luxury. Reputable as the most exclusive club on the Riviera, entry isn’t easy to come by, but once you are within the caves you’ll never want to leave. Dom Pérignon galore and supermodels wherever you turn this truly is a clubber’s paradise, based in the most mesmerising town in the south of France. Renting a luxury yacht on theFrench Riviera is the ultimate way to experience the most incredible hot spots along the coast and truly live in style! Email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org today to get in touch – we have everything from day charters to week-long crewed yacht charters and would love to plan your trip!
The Monaco Yacht Show is around the corner and whether you are interested in buying, renting or simply seeing some magnificent boats, there is no better place to do all three. Featuring 100 super and mega yachts with an average size of 46 m, the Monaco Yacht Show is the epitome of style, class and luxury.
MYS is the world`s leading showcase for super yachts – every year, the yachting industry’s top manufacturers, designers and brokers show off their latest and greatest in the glamourous principality. Yachts ranging from 30 to 90 metres dominate Port Hercules, which makes for a truly incredible display.
Monacois famed for its high-end hospitality and leisure activities, and from the 25th to the 28th of September this year, it manifests this with no holds barred.
Last year, 33 000 people flocked from all corners of the planet to view la crème de la crème of the yachting world – and even more are expected this year. It is the show’s 23rd anniversary, and with 80 events organised by exhibitors in the palaces of Monte Carlo or onboard the yachts themselves, it promises to continue its history of high-class sophistication. There are a plethora of non-boat related attractions to sink your teeth into also. You can watch an opera at the exquisite Salle Garnier, gamble at the world famous Monte Carlo Casino, watch Monaco FC field their record signing Falcao, or simply wander around and immerse yourself in Monte Carlo’s incredible scenery and architecture.
Here are a few of the yachts that are on show as well as their locations, stay tuned for part two of this blog which will feature a list of our favourites competing at this year`s event.