What's open in the BVI After Irma
An Island by Island list of the bars, restaurants and attractions that are open and closed in the BVI as they rebuild from Hurricanes Irma and Maria
The BVI is springing back to life quickly, and so are the number of charters that are booking! Since so many of our clients are asking "What's open", we thought we'd create a running list. Please also see our blog for a complete guide to chartering in the BVI after Irma - where to go, what to avoid, and how to make it magical.
- Anegada Reef Hotel
- Anegada Beach Club Restaurant
- Big Bamboo
- Potter's By the Sea
- Cow Wreck Bar
- Neptune's Treasure Restaurant
- The Lobster Trap
- The Wonky Dog
[We believe everything is open!]
- [Nothing is yet open, as the only establishment is Guana Island Resort]
- Guana Island Resort (scheduled to reopen in July!)
- Pirates (1/2 - the other bar restaurant is still under renovation)
- Willy T's - ** Update - The new Willy T has arrived, but is not being allowed to anchor in it's traditional spot. Looks like it's moving to Great Harbor on Peter Island! **
[Nothing is yet open]
- Willy T's slated to open soon as soon as permits are approved.
- Peter Island Resort - scheduled to re-open late 2018!
The intrepid residents of JVD have done an incredible job rebuilding the island! Nearly all the establishments are now open, dozens of palm trees have been shipped in and planted, and the drinks, food and music are flowing!
- Hendo's Hideout
- Soggy Dollar Bar (see their amazing picture book about the storm damage and the rebuilding process they went through, as you sip a painkiller!)
- Corsairs (partly open, still remodeling)
- Seddy's One Love
- Ivan's Stressfree Bar
- B line bar
- Foxy's Taboo
- Corsairs Main Restaurant
- Scrub Island Resort restaurants, bar, spa and pool are open
- One Shoe Beach Bar and Grill
[Note, as this list is for charterers, we haven't attempted to track all of the bars and restaurants in Road Town]
The Ferry Building has now reopened after 7 months of renovation!
- Myett's (Cane Garden Bay)
- Pussers (Marina Cay - serving lunch on the patio while they rebuild)
- Pussers (Sopers Hole)
- Paradise Lounge (Cane Garden Bay)
- Rhymers (Cane Garden Bay)
- Trellis Bay Market and Kitchen
- De Loose Mongoose
Great news - a $1.7 million restoration program has just been announced for Cane Garden bay, that will include replanting palm trees, upgrading docks and generally upgrading the infrastructure.
- Oil Nut Bay Resort (Serving lunch to visitors)
- CocoMaya Restaurant
- Hog Heaven
- Jumbies Bar
- Mermaids & Pirates
- Mimi's Kitchen - Spanish Town
- Rada's Restaurant & Bar - North Sound
- Reef Restaurant
- Snapper's Bar & Grill
- The Bath And Turtle Restaurant
- Top of the Baths Restaurant & Bar
- Village Cafe
- Saba Rock (restauration underway - will be open for 2018/19 charter season)
- Bitter End Resort (restauration began in May)
OK To Charter a Yacht for a Vacation Now in the BVI?
As you can see, much of what makes the BVI a special place is back open for business! If you would like to learn more we have a detailed post from a group that was in the BVI 6 months after Irma and reported on how quickly it was springing back to life.
If you are ready to take the next step and look at some of the amazing yachts we have for charter in the BVI, check out our BVI Yacht Charter Guide. We have also updated our BVI 7 Day Catamaran and Sailing Charter Itinerary and our BVI Bareboat Itinerary to assure that you make the best of your days in paradise.