1. Book your sailing boat to beat the winter blues and head to the Bahamas before its too late! Some of my top recommendations for the Bahamas are the Lagoon 42 and 450 catamarans and Pegasus, a 40 foot Jeanneau. Either charter in Nassau, island hop around the Exumas and visit pig beach or in Marsh Harbour to anchor upon amongst the idyllic Abaco Islands.
Catamaran – Lagoon 42Catamaran – Lagoon 450
2. Get your friends together to book the ultimate vacation sailing around Croatia this summer. Starting from Split or Trogir a two-hour sail a day in crystal blue waters can take you from quaint fishing villages to the party islands of Hvar. I would suggest the Lagoon 52 for a skippered experience, the Saona 47 or a Sun Odyssey 449 for the ultimate sailing experience.
3. Guadeloupe- find France within the Caribbean. Navigate around the archipelago of islands and immerse yourself amongst the green landscapes of this fascinating mixture of the Caribbean and French influences.
Be sure to visit the waterfalls of Grande Terre, eat Creole dishes with the friendly locals and visit Jaques Cousteau’s dive site at Bouillante which offers some of the best diving in the world, the instructors will even pick you up from your yacht to take you diving!
Sailing around this island is rugged, inspiring and sophisticated at the same time. I would suggest the Sun Odyssey 509 for exploring and sailing performance or the spacious Catana 47 catamaran for the ultimate Guadeloupe sailing trip with friends and family.
Visit my Guadeloupe blog to see why this Caribbean island needs to be on your 2019 sailing to do list!
4. August on the French Riviera – Sail from Cannes to Monaco and spend the nights at anchor overlooking some of the most glamorous locations in Europe or in the slightly smaller ports of Golfe Juan or Villefranche to avoid the busy ports of Cannes or Nice. Boats to charter are the monohulls such as the Sun Odyssey 349 or the Oceanis 48 for a romantic break or a family holiday or add a hostess on a catamaran such as the Lagoon 450 to receive the five-star treatment of the French Riviera.
5. Summer island hopping the Cyclades from Athens. Start your bareboat charter in the ancient city of Athens and spend a week exploring the iconic Cyclades islands. Spend each night on a different island and explore some of the finest Mediterranean beach clubs, ancient ruins and the traditional white rooftops of Santorini and Mykonos. Catamarans are the best way to explore these islands with friends and family but if you want to profit from some of the most idyllic winds in the world take the Oceanis 62 and profit from its sailing capabilities.