Leek, Mushroom and Feta Filo Rolls
- First make your filling.
- Wash and finely slice 3 leeks and a handful of Mushrooms.
- Gently sauté these in a pan in a little olive oil with a couple of sprigs of Thyme and seasoning to taste.
- Mix in 3 – 4 oz of crumbled Feta cheese or you can use goats’ cheese if you prefer and allow mixture to cool while you prepare your filo.
- Take one packet of filo and carefully open out the sheets and lay them on a board and cover with some cling wrap to keep them moist.
- Melt one stick of butter in the microwave.
- Take a sheet of filo and lay it on your work board – brush it carefully with the melted butter. Lay a second sheet on top. Cut the two sheets into three sections to give three oblongs and brush around the four edges of each one. At the top end of each place a small tight bundle of your leek mixture and fold in the top and the two sides all the way down. Roll these up into cigar shape parcels and place onto a baking sheet with the seam underneath.
- When all complete – brush the tops with beaten egg and chill down in the fridge of an hour or so. Then cook in a hot oven for about 20 minutes or until the tops have gone golden brown.
- Variations – you can make much bigger ones to make as a main veggie dish and you could use any combo of cooked /leftover veg and herbs and cheese – maybe Brie or Mozzarella to make them a little bit gooey – Enjoy!
NAUTICA OF FOWEY is a stylish and seaworthy Leopard 47, perfect for three couples and available for charter in the Caribbean Sea. Please visit these links for further destination information and to view a comprehensive selection of stunning Charter Yachts.