Several members of the Boatbookings.com staff live on the French Riviera. We've been compiling some of their insider tips to get the most out of your time on the Riviera!
– If you want a great place to sit outside in the evening, have a nice meal, listen to some music and feel the buzz – go to Juan Les Pins (near Antibes)
– There is a big difference between the town of St Tropez and Pampelonne Beach, where the St Tropez beach clubs are. You can't walk between the two. Go to St Tropez town in the morning, shop, see the yachts and have a coffee by the water, then have your skipper take you to Pampelonne Beach for sunning and a long, late afternoon lunch at the Club of your choice.
– You can literally walk right up to many of the world's largest superyachts on the IYCA (International Yacht Club of Antibes) Pier in Antibes. Same in Cannes by the Palais des Festivals and in Monaco.
– If you're near Cannes, anchor between the two Iles Lerins. It feels a million miles away from the busy town, is great for swimming, and has a gorgeous view of the sunset behind the striking Esterel Rock Formation. That's what the locals do!
– Don't even think of driving to St Tropez in July or August between 10 am and 1pm. You'll just roast in your car and arrive in a bad mood. That's why we're here – take a boat and do it properly!
– There are great places to kayak and swim beneath the beautiful red rocks of the Esterel. Don't just power by on the way to St Tropez – take time to enjoy this beautiful area!
Please add more suggestions here on the blog, or on our Facebook page – we'll be publishing the best on Boatbookings in our French Riviera Section. Enjoy!